I found a new tool for testing web-applications in IE today. It’s called IETester, and it allows me to test IE versions 5.5 to 8 in the same application. Which is great, since my Vista machine only runs 8 normally.

I use it to verify my Grails application in IE6. Tonight I managed to create a unit test capturing the issue I was experiencing in IE6, using IETester and QUnit, so now I know where to take off tomorrow.

However it isn’t that stable, I’m running it on a 64-bit machine which might add some extra strain on the application. But for me it needed to be re-started or crashed a few times while I was isolating the bug I am working on.