I’ve been having this issue for a while. Putting it off, but now I had to get my hands dirty. The findBy… methods weren’t returning any objects even though there were data fitting the specified values.

So tonight I finally took the time to take a look at it. My theory was that I could figure out what was wrong by reading the code in JpaPluginSupport.groovy, located in the GORM-JPA plugin.

Now I didn’t find out why its not working. It even looks like its not supported, but I can’t say for sure. What I did however, was find a workaround.

Instead of doing

User.findByEmail(newSaga.email)

I do

User.findWhere(email: newSaga.email)

Using the findWhere method I get results. This is the workaround I’ll go for for now.