RemoteX Applications Localization Editor next step

In a previous post I mentioned that I started working on a localization editor for RemoteX Applications. This last week I started change a few things on the server side.

In RemoteX Applications there are certain combobox’es where you can change the content to customer specific lists. Previously they have been stored as XML files on the server, but this caused long process round trips for changing them. It also added cost to our Operations department at RemoteX. Currently were trying to reduce process costs and delays for our Operations to free up resources for tasks with higher value.

The list configurations are now stored in the database of the system, and is accessible through the REST service. Allowing me to create yet another web based editor.

This one was very similar to the first. Pick a list to edit, add or remove some keyword; then save.


The work was straight forward as it was so similar to the precious editor. The separation of concerns between the classes allowed me to just implement a few classes to get a first prototype up and running. The whole solution was completed in a couple of hours.

I added both editors to the same page, and quickly noticed one thing. If you changed editor you needed to enter your password and username again. This couldn’t do.

So I used the technique outlined in my other post about AJAX and Basic Auth, to add a single login dialog forcing the user to login when the page loads.


With some JQuery UI I got the above login dialog. Now the login state is available the entire duration of the “visit”.